I know, I know, there are tons of recipes out there for cleaning the windows with home made cleaners so why another one? Mainly because I wanted to have this in the DIY section with the homemade laundry soap and home made dishwasher soap. It seemed to fit in there lol. But also because I wanted to share the simple recipe I love to use and a few tips to go with it.
- 1 gallon of water (filtered preferably to avoid build-ups)
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Spray with preferred solution and then wipe the glass with a crumbled newspaper to prevent streaks. (This has been known to leave fine scratches on the glass over many uses.)
- Avoid washing windows when the sun is hot and shiny because the solution dries to fast leaving streaks behind.
- Wash one side of the glass in and up and down direction and the other side in a side by side direction so you can tell which side streaks.
- Avoid using Ammonia. I know a lot of glass cleaner recipes use it but if any of it every sprays in your eyes you're in for a world of hurt, along with a costly trip to the Ophthalmologist.
- If you HAVE to use ammonia as a class cleaner...please, for goodness sakes....DO NOT mix it with chlorine bleach. VERY TOXIC.
- If you buy Windex because it cleans well and you love the blue color....simple add some blue food coloring to the recipe above and voila!!